Now you can accept PayPal payments using QR codes. It’s a new way to pay that’s fast, easy and minimises your need to physically touch cash or your card reader.
How does it work?
When you activate the PayPal feature in your Zettle app, you can generate a unique QR code for each transaction. When the time comes to pay, your customers can simply open the camera on their phone, or their PayPal app, and scan the code to pay.
Note: your customers must have a PayPal account to use this feature.
How do I activate the feature?
Open the Settings tab in your Zettle Go app. Under Payment Settings find ‘PayPal’ and then tap Activate.
How to take payments with PayPal QR codes
- Select PayPal from your list of payment options in the checkout
- Ask your customer to open the camera on their phone or their PayPal app
- Present your QR code for them to scan
- Ask them to tap “confirm” on their phone and the payment will be complete
How much does it cost?
You’ll find the full list of transaction fees on our pricing page.
What are the transaction limits for paying with QR code?
There is no daily transaction limit when you accept payments with PayPal.
Can I deactivate the feature if I want to?
Yes, just go back to Settings in your app and toggle the PayPal option to turn it off.
Do all devices have access to this payment method?
QR code payments are only available to smartphones and tablets running the Zettle Go app on iOS 13 or Android 5.0 and higher.
Do I need a PayPal account to accept PayPal as a payment method?
No. You can accept PayPal QR code payments from your Zettle app.
When will my money be deposited?
PayPal QR code transactions follow the same schedule as other card-present payments you accept through Zettle. Find out more about the deposit schedule here.
Tuesday - Wednesday
Wednesday - Thursday
Thursday - Friday
Friday / Monday
Friday through Sunday
Monday - Tuesday
Good to know:
- Deposits are not made on Saturdays, Sundays and bank holidays.
- Bank processing times may vary and it can take a few business days for deposits to show up in your account. Please contact your bank for more information about their processing times.
You have the flexibility to choose how often you’d like to receive deposits. Customise your deposit schedule to receive payments:
- Daily (standard deposit schedule)
- Weekly (your money is deposited to you the first bank day of the week)
- Monthly (your money is deposited to you the first bank day of the month)
PayPal Buyer and Seller protection
When you use PayPal to make a sale, you’ll be covered by PayPal Seller Protection in the event of claims, chargebacks, or reversals that are a result of unauthorised purchases or items your buyer didn’t receive.
There are no limits or caps associated with Seller Protection. However, PayPal reserves the right to withdraw or to suspend your eligibility for Seller Protection when abusing the privileges offered. In the event of withdrawing Seller Protection, PayPal will communicate the same before taking any action.
For full eligibility requirements, see the full Seller Protection Policy terms in the PayPal User Agreement.
When your customer uses their PayPal app to make a purchase, PayPal Buyer Protection covers them in case there is a problem.
To qualify for PayPal Buyer Protection, your customer must:
- Use PayPal to complete their payment.
- Let you know there's a problem with their transaction. If you can't resolve the issue between yourselves, they can escalate the dispute to a claim within 20 days of the date they opened the dispute.
- Keep their PayPal account in good standing.
If your customer’s transaction qualifies for PayPal Buyer Protection, they are covered for the full purchase price plus the original shipping charges (if applicable).