By running the latest version of our card reader software, you can improve the performance and experience of your reader.
- Make sure that the card reader and your smartphone or tablet are charged
- Keep the smartphone or tablet close to the card reader to ensure connectivity
Before attempting to update the reader software, ensure you are running the latest version of the Zettle Go app. Follow these steps to download the latest Zettle Go app on your smartphone or tablet:
- Go to the Apple App Store or Google Play store to see if there is an update
- If there is an update available, install the latest version of the app
Once the latest Zettle Go app is installed on your device, you can check if there is a reader software update available, or if one is currently being downloaded:
- Make sure that the reader is turned on and connected to your smartphone or tablet.
- In the Zettle Go app, go to “Settings” > “Card readers” and then tap on your connected reader. In this view, you can see the details of your card reader, including the current software versions on the reader.
- If there is a reader software update available, it will be shown at the top of the reader view:
If an automatic software update is in progress, you will be able to see the download’s progress here. Once the reader software update is ready to be installed, you will be notified and asked to complete the installation. The reader will restart and the process to install the latest software takes approximately 7 seconds.
If an update is available, but not started, you can press the green “Update card reader” button to start the process manually, and simply follow the instructions to complete the update. Once the software has been downloaded, the reader will be restarted to install the update. The time to update the reader in this process is approximately 3-5 minutes.
Compatible smartphones and tablets
Card reader troubleshooting