This article contains information for existing PayPal users connecting to Zettle.
If you’ve been using PayPal to take online payments and would like to take your first steps into physical (face-to-face) sales, Zettle has a point-of-sale system designed to make the process easy and fun.
It’s quick to connect your two accounts, and all the money from your Zettle card sales will be deposited into your PayPal account.
Why should I connect my PayPal account to Zettle?
Using the Zettle card reader and point-of-sale app, you can take chip and PIN, contactless and mobile payments almost anywhere in Great Britain. You can accept all major credit and debit cards as well as Apple, Samsung and Google Pay, and then have the money automatically deposited into your PayPal account.
How much does it cost?
This service costs nothing except the standard Zettle transaction fee that applies whenever you take a payment. You will not be charged a PayPal transaction fee or any other set up costs/subscription fees, etc.
How are PayPal and Zettle related?
Zettle is part of the PayPal family. Together we create better ways to manage and move money, and offer flexibility when sending payments, paying or getting paid.
What about existing Zettle customers?
Existing Zettle customers can continue to use all Zettle products and services as usual but cannot, at this stage, connect to their PayPal accounts.
Does Zettle maintain the same security standards as PayPal?
Zettle is a member of the PayPal family, and operates under PayPal’s licence as a credit institution by the Luxembourg financial sector authority – the Commission de Surveillance du Secteur Financier.
All our software is developed following strict industry-standard best practices, such as OWASP and PCI DSS guidelines.
We work to prevent fraud before it happens with advanced systems that monitor every transaction that’s being processed, 24 hours a day. All traffic is logged and supervised to detect any unusual or suspicious activity. If our service is abused, we will terminate and block the user's account immediately.
We are EMV (Europay, MasterCard and Visa) approved and comply with the strict "Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard" (PCI DSS) for handling card data. See this link for more details.
All Zettle employees act in accordance with security policies designed to keep your data safe. We’re here to empower your business and put your mind at rest.
How to sign up for Zettle through PayPal
If you’ve received an email or seen a banner online, click the link to sign up.
Then follow these steps:
- Click the ‘Get started’ button. If you’re not already logged in to your PayPal account, you’ll be asked to do so now.
- You’ll see a consent form, read through the terms and click accept
- Now you’ll be sent to our sign-up process, please follow the instructions on the page
- Congratulations, now you’re a Zettle user
- At this point, you should see a verification that your PayPal account is connected
- If you’d like to purchase a Zettle card reader, you can do so next
- Now you will be directed to my.zettle.com, a dashboard from which you can build your product library, get an overview of sales and track stock levels. You cannot edit your PayPal account details or your bank account details here, those must be changed on the PayPal website.
- Don’t forget to download the Zettle app so that you can start selling!
Why do I need to give my details to Zettle?
The Zettle service is provided by PayPal (Europe) S.à r.l. et Cie, S.C.A, licensed as a credit institution issued by Luxembourg financial sector authority, the Commission de Surveillance du Secteur Financier. As such, we are required to verify your personal and business details to keep you safe and reduce financial risks for our registered users.
Payouts & transactions
- At the end of each day, Zettle will collect all your sales together and send the money straight to your PayPal account. You’ll have access to the money in your account in 24 hours (excluding weekends and bank holidays).
- You can see a list of payouts to your PayPal account in your account statement, which you can find at my.zettle.com under ‘Deposits’.
- Your transaction details will only be available in your PayPal account and will appear within 24 hours.
- If you want to change the bank account that PayPal sends your money to, you must do that on your PayPal page and not on your Zettle page.
How to log into Zettle once you are a registered user
When you sign in to your Zettle app or my.zettle.com, you simply need to enter your PayPal credentials (email and password).
Settings: Email and password changes
If you want to edit your email address, password or bank details, you must do so on your PayPal page.